The steps to making the best pickles in the galaxy. Fresh pack method.
1. All the natural ingredients such as cucumbers, dill and garlic are harvested from Michigan fields (surrounding states if winter runs long) and sent to be washed within a few days.
2. Everything from the cucumbers to the jars gets washed.
3. The cucumbers get sliced into spears and get packed into the jar with the garlic cloves and dill stalks by hand.
4. The special brine fills (great flavor and lowest sodium on the market) the jar and the cap is secured so they can get a hot bath to seal the lid.
5. After everything cools the labels are applied and the jars are boxed up. After a safety check 10 days later they are ready to be shipped to your door or grocery store!
How the other guys do it. Open Vat method.
1. Get cucumbers from somewhere in India and U.S. farms.
2. Put the cukes in huge open top containers with enough salt that the water won’t freeze for fermentation and holding. So while the cukes are waiting up to six months to be scooped up they hang with the birds and insects in and around the “open vats.”
3. Once inside the building the cukes get sliced and put in a jar with artificial ingredients like Yellow 5 and Poly-Sorbate 80. Some of the big guys even do all the processing in India and ship them back.
4. The jars are heated up to seal the lids, a label is slapped on and shipped out.Uncategorized No Comments